[Qgis-user] Calculating shortest distance and angle of line connecting a point and an area feature

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:47:04 PST 2020

Hi,
You can use the saga tool snap points to lines found in the  processing toolbox. Then ask for the option to create the distance line (moves) and not the new points.  From that new line file, you can find the angle (azimut) of the line using an expression using the field calculator.

https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/functions_list.html#line-interpolate-point

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux