[Qgis-user] Make selected features dominant in view

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 12 10:58:08 PST 2020

Hi Graeme,

I do not know an answer, but I checked and it's not that selected items
always would end up on top...

This sounds very reasonable though... and helpfull :-)
If it is not already there, it would make a nice Feature Request!

There is in the Layer Properties/Symbology/Layer Rendering an option to
'Control feature rendering order' ...
Ok, so you can make an  an expression like:

 is_selected( $currentfeature )

which then makes your selected features draw last (on top).
You could at least try that.
I'm wondering if that would/could not be default painting behaviour?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde