[Qgis-user] Referer

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Fri Feb 21 12:40:21 PST 2020

Hi Christoph,

What do you mean by "where will this referer be displayed"? I'm guessing
this is the HTTP referer in which case it's probably going to be sent as
a HTTP Header with every request WMS/XYZ request that QGIS is making to
the server (what I'd expect anyway). I guess this is useful because for
"security" reasons some servers only respond to specific referers. The
server operator will see it in their logs but otherwise it's going to be
invisible.

Cheers,

Jonathan