[Qgis-user] Micro-Geometry Problems

smiller192 at cfl.rr.com smiller192 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 14 13:51:59 PST 2020

All-

I have digitized a land use/land cover layer as individual polygons.  The
snap options were used and, for most vertices, the snap was precise.  A
vertex in polygon A has a precise match to a vertex in neighboring polygon
B.

But in 582 out of 2799 polygons, there are mis-matches in adjoining vertices
that are only evident if you zoom into the layer at a magnification (i.e., a
scale) of from 20000:1 to 40000 to 1.  I have spent a couple of weeks trying
to remedy these by hand using the Vertex Tool and other means.  My question
is this: is there an automated way in QIS to detect and remedy these
situations?

Thanks,

Steve Miler