[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 & 3 still very slow to work in Windows 10

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:01:17 PST 2020

Many thanks to Micha Silver -2.
I have found that hiding directories from the browser has apparently stopped
all my issues with " Qgis not responding" hangups. I have got all my QGIS
projects on one hard drive so I have hidden everything but that drive,
including hiding the C drive.
Windows seems to create a "drive" every time you plug in a USB device, so I
have hidden all these as well.
I must admit that I had not noticed that hiding some directories was
possible, but thanks to Micha this seems to have solved this issue, and
speeded up opening QGIS as well.