[Qgis-user] Error starting up QGIS 3.10.2

Reginald Reginald.Carlier at ingelmunster.be
Tue Jan 28 01:46:44 PST 2020

Hi,

Today I downloaded and installed QGIS 3.10.2 (64bit) on windows 7.
After installing QGIS 3.10.2 I installed Visual Studio Code. The
installation informed me that visual studio code was added to the path.
When starting up QGIS 3.10.2 I got a message saying that something was
missing in qgis.core dll and that I had to look into a env file to correct
this. I opened the file but I couldn't see what was wrong.
So I uninstalled QGIS 3.10.2 thinking that Visual Studio Code had screwed
somewhere the PATH variable.
I reinstalled QGIS 3.10.2 (64bit) thinking that this would correct a path
issue, but to no avail: same problem.
Finally I reinstalled QGIS 3.10.1 and there was no problem starting up.
Is the installer broken for windows 7?
Anybody has more information about this startup issue?

Regards,