[Qgis-user] A few question

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Fri Jul 3 13:17:28 PDT 2020

On 02.07.20 19:22, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> I have some aerial images;

Are they georeferenced already?

> Warning 4: Failed to open /usr/share/qgis/resources/data/world_map.gpkg:
> Permission denied
> then one of the below messages for each picture that's being imported.
> proj_concatoperation_get_step_count: Object is not a ConcatenatedOperation

No issues, no need to act.

> Is this just an issue with the images or something wrong my steps to create
> orthomosaic from a series of photos.

If these are raw photos you need a bundle adjustment/SfM step to
generate an orthophoto. This cannot be done 'directly' with gdal.
There are some commercial systems and clouds, or you try ODM (Open Drone
Map).
You may also need ground control points etc.

The resulting (georeferenced) orthophoto can be handled in QGIS.