[Qgis-user] QGIS Server on Debian - MSSqlServer layer

Walter Lorenetti lorenzetti at gis3w.it
Mon Jul 6 23:09:42 PDT 2020

Hi Francesco,

on Ubuntu 18.04 to use MSSQl layers I've to installa these packages:

tdsodbc

libqt5sql5-tds

I think they have same name on Debian.

Bye

Il 03/07/20 10:08, Francesco D Alesio ha scritto:
> QGIS Server on Debian - MSSqlServer layer
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to display an MS Sql Server layer with QGIS Server (3.12)
> installed on a Debian 10 machine.
>

> The project is giving the "Layer(s) not valid" error, because of the
> MS Sql Server layer (postgis layers are working properly).
>

> I've installed the odbc driver, and now I can connect to sql server
> with ogr2ogr, specifyng "Driver={ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server}" in
> the connection string.
>
> Than I added a [SQL Server] section to /etc/odbcinst.ini , and now
> ogr2ogr works without the Driver in the connection string.
>
> But QGIS is still giving the "Layer(s) not valid" error.
>

> I've also tried to add the driver name to the source attribute of
> the layer-tree-layer element of the qgs file, without success.
>

> Three questions:
>
> 1. What else can I try?
>
> 2. Is there a way to get more detailed error information? apache error
> logs are empty, and QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE contains just the layer id
> (QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL=0 and QGIS_DEBUG=9)
>
> 3. Do you recommend using windows instead of debian in this environment?
>

> Thank you
>

> Regards
>

> Francesco

Walter Lorenzetti phD
email: lorenzetti at gis3w.it
skype: aiki74
twitter:w_lorenzetti <https://twitter.com/w_lorenzetti>
g+:aiki74 <https://plus.google.com/117055903318462447104/>
Tel/Cell: (+39) 347-6597931
Viale Verdi 24 - 51016 Montecatini Terme (PT)
Nuovi corsi QGIS e GFOSS
<http://gis3w.it/it/calendario-corsi-software-geografici>