[Qgis-user] excel file import problem

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Thu Jul 23 07:12:34 PDT 2020

Hi,
Simplest method that comes to mind, is to save the excel as a CSV file and then use the Add Delimited Text Layer.
Using this method you can specify which columns are the coordinate columns and it can preserve the column headings and order.
Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard.

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 1 647 6543
https://www.opw.ie

——