[Qgis-user] split polygon with lines seems not working correctly

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:44:29 PDT 2020

Luigi and list,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 8:32 AM Luigi Raffaele Sapone <
studioingsapone at live.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I’m using QGIS 3.12
>
> I have a poly shapefile named building.shp in the zip file, and a line
> shapefile, named line.shp.
>
> I’m using the geoprocessing function ‘split polygon by line’ using
> poly.shp as input, and line.shp as divide layer.
>
> I obtain the ‘split_by_line.shp’. But, in this splitted file, the polygon
> was not divided considering all the lines present, but only some of them,
> as visible in ‘split_by_line.shp’.
>
> Is there something wrong?
>

> Feeling like the "you must use polygons ogre" here...

If you union your split lines and building lines and create polygons from
that result, then you have all the space-enclosing polygons you need.  You
can transfer the attributes from the original buildings polygons to these
new "sub-building" polygons.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.