[Qgis-user] GPX data in QGIS

Garth Fletcher garth at jacqcad.com
Mon Nov 2 07:22:38 PST 2020

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 "Fernando M. Roxo da Motta" <petro at roxo.org> wrote
>   If I understand it correct, this procedure will store in attribute
> table (as a temporary or permanent attribute) the coordinates as they
> are at the time it is stored.   If a point is moved through edition that
> value will not be updated automatically.  It will be necessary to store
> the new value in the table with the described procedure.

Yes, that is correct.

After an editing session you could use Field Calculator again, this
time choosing "Update existing field" instead of "Create new field"
and entering the same expressions ($x, $y).

Of course the better solution, if feasible, is to simply use $x and $y
in your calculations instead of the newly created Lat,Long fields.
$x and $y will always reflect the current location without any need
for Field Calculator.

I originally described the Field Calculator approach because it allowed
you to see the coordinates and thus might be easier for learning.
--
Garth Fletcher