[Qgis-user] aerial photo base map and drawing features

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:58:05 PST 2020

Hi,
You will find excellent tutorial here https://docs.qgis.org/latest/en/docs/training_manual/create_vector_data/index.html

You can use quickmapservices plugin to load base maps.  There is also the openlayer plugin but I believe the former was better.  I don’t know if it’s still the case. Both plugins need to be installed and activated.

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/20191/adding-basemaps-from-google-or-bing-in-qgis

Nicolas Cadieux