[Qgis-user] GeoServer vector tiles in QGIS 3.16

Paul Wittle paul.wittle at dorsetcouncil.gov.uk
Wed Nov 18 08:27:48 PST 2020

Hi,

I was just trying out the latest version to look at the vector tiles functionality but I'm struggling a bit with the GeoServer side. QGIS seems to be expecting a pbf URL as the input but when I add the URL
https://host/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/workspace%3Alayer@EPSG%3A3857@pbf/{z}/{x}/{-y}.pbf<https://host/gwc/service/tms/1.0.0/workspace%3Alayer@EPSG%3A3857@pbf/%7bz%7d/%7bx%7d/%7b-y%7d.pbf> it errors.
This is under Layer> Add Layer> Add Vector Tile Layer

I'm not sure if this is a GeoServer error or I just put in the wrong URL?

I did check the URL's in Network Logger and the resulting tile requests appear to be returning 400:1 if you check on GeoServer and whilst I'm happy to post in the GeoServer forum as well I thought I'd ask here first as I've yet to find an example online showing vector tiles in QGIS from GeoServer.

Has anyone managed to get it to work from GeoServer and if so; what URL format did you use?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Wittle
[cid:image009.jpg at 01D6BDC7.BF951B50]<https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/>
Business Solutions Analyst (GIS)
ICT Operations
Dorset Council
01305 228473 <tel:01305%20228473%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20>
dorsetcouncil.gov.uk<https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk>

[cid:image010.png at 01D6BDC7.BF951B50]<https://www.facebook.com/DorsetCouncilUK>
[cid:image011.png at 01D6BDC7.BF951B50]<https://instagram.com/DorsetCouncilUK>
[cid:image012.png at 01D6BDC7.BF951B50]<https://twitter.com/DorsetCouncilUK>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain unclassified but sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Dorset Council. Dorset Council does not accept service of documents by fax or other electronic means. Virus checking: Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that this electronic communication and its attachments whether encoded, encrypted or otherwise supplied are free from computer viruses, Dorset Council accepts no liability in respect of any loss, cost, damage or expense suffered as a result of accessing this message or any of its attachments. For information on how Dorset Council processes your information, please see www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/416433