[Qgis-user] Date on which a GeoPackage layer was last saved

Iain at jcis.net.au Iain at jcis.net.au
Fri Nov 27 20:58:57 PST 2020

So I have had a bit of a disaster and a project I was working on has
mysteriously disappeared. It is not a huge issue as I was using the project
to edit some vector files (of a railway network). The vector layers are in a
GeoPackage.

However I have two layers with similar names and I am not 100% sure which
one I was using - one hasn't been edited since January as it was a prototype
and the other was last edited two days ago. After opening a new project in
QGIS and importing everything from the GeoPackage into the new project I
though I would be able to tell which of these two files was the most
recently edited by looking at the layer properties tab but I cant find where
it was last edited.

I then accessed the GeoPackage view the Browser panel and found the layers -
clicking on individual layers only gives the layer properties or the file
properties which are for the GeoPackage.

So how then do I find out the date on which a layer was last saved??

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397