[Qgis-user] Print Legend as Features of a Layer

Walt Ludwick walt at valedalama.net
Sun Nov 29 02:17:10 PST 2020

I've got a Polygon layer whose features are a series of contiguous
LandPlots, and i want to print a map of same with a Legend that lists each
LandPlot by name, along with its calculated area.

My problem is: the Layout Composer in QGIS 3.14 seems to presume that one
wants a list of Layers for the Legend -and, tho i can filter that list down
to just the single "LandPlots" Layer that i want, i cannot get it to list
the features within that Layer.

Have read the docs on this feature
<https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/print_composer/composer_items/composer_legend.html>,
which doesn't tell me how to solve this problem, unless i'm missing
something -perhaps implicit in this "filter by expression" feature, which
calls for more code-savvy than i've got on the ball right now <:-(

Am at an impasse, so any suggestion at this point would be most appreciated!