[Qgis-user] Print Legend as Features of a Layer

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at geomaster.pt
Sun Nov 29 07:13:11 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm not really sure if I understood the question, but the option "Only
show items inside linked map" is useful to show only the legend entries
for the features on the map. You don't need to write any expression for
that.

Have fun with QGIS,

Jorge Gustavo

Às 10:17 de 29/11/20, Walt Ludwick escreveu:
> I've got a Polygon layer whose features are a series of contiguous
> LandPlots, and i want to print a map of same with a Legend that lists
> each LandPlot by name, along with its calculated area.
>
> My problem is: the Layout Composer in QGIS 3.14 seems to presume that
> one wants a list of Layers for the Legend -and, tho i can filter that
> list down to just the single "LandPlots" Layer that i want, i cannot
> get it to list the features within that Layer.
>
> Have read the docs on this feature
> <https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/print_composer/composer_items/composer_legend.html>,
> which doesn't tell me how to solve this problem, unless i'm missing
> something -perhaps implicit in this "filter by expression" feature,
> which calls for more code-savvy than i've got on the ball right now <:-(
>
> Am at an impasse, so any suggestion at this point would be most
> appreciated!

Email Signature
Logo <https://www.geomaster.pt>
*Geomaster*
*Jorge Gustavo Rocha* | Software Engineer
*e:*jgr at geomaster.pt | *m:*+351 910 333 888
*g:*41.54094,-8.40490 | *v: *510 906 109
*a: * Rua António Cândido Pinto, 67, 4715-400 Braga