[Qgis-user] Transfer projects

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:42:09 PDT 2020

See below.

On 2020-10-19 2:03 p.m., Bryan Knibbs wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
> Thanks for your email i can access the projects without any problem
> but they don't save on the recent projects page.
> The comment as follows appears at the top of the page
If you resave the project in 3.14, it should appear.  If not, make a bug
report.

> The preferred transform between EPSG:27700 - OSGB 1936 / British
> National Grid and EPSG:4326 - WGS 84 is not available for use on the
> system.
>
>   * This transformation requires the grid file
>     “OSTN15_NTv2_OSGBtoETRS.gsb”, which is not available for use on
>     the system.
>
> Current transform “Inverse of British National Grid + OSGB 1936 to WGS
> 84 (6)” has an accuracy of 2 meters, while the preferred
> transformation “Inverse of British National Grid + OSGB 1936 to WGS 84
> (9)” has accuracy 1 meters.
>
> Bryan

One of the big resent changes in QGIS is the move to  better
transformation parameter and to make better use of transformation grids.
(This also gives you more messages like the one above.). This message
basically tells you the grid file you were using is not available. It is
likely that you had a file in OSGB 1936 but the project is in WGS84,
thus the need for reprojection.   You either find the grid and install
it in QGIS or make sure the grids for Europe are available in your
QGIS.  If you use the OSGeo4W setup, look under proj-datumgrid-europe.
For more help on this I would ask an new question on the list as you
will have more people respond with this specific question.

Nicolas