[Qgis-user] Projections

MIKE MCGRADY mikemcgrady at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:43:13 PDT 2020

I have data on tracked migratory birds, and want accurate measures of distance travelled during migration and areas of summering and wintering ranges.  These birds are summering in central Asia (mostly Kazakhstan and southern Russia), and wintering in Arabia.  Any advice on which projection to use?  My guess is Lambert conformal conic.  I'd really like to avoid using different projections for different phases of the birds' annual cycle, unless absolutely necessary.

M. J. McGrady
Am Rosenhugel 59
A-3500 Krems
Austria