[Qgis-user] Saving project to geopackage

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 06:30:16 PDT 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 1:42 PM Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr at geomaster.pt>
wrote:

> Hi António (hi Luigi),
>
> Before saving the project, you must create a connection (in the browser
> panel) to the geopackage. If you don't create the connection, you are not
> able to save de project in the geopackage.
>
> This additional step is not "user friendly", but it is required right now.

This is actually not correct.

The additional step is not required anymore, I cannot remember since when
but it's been a while, just click on the three dots icon right of the
connections combo box and select your target GPKG.

Kind regards.

> Regards,
>
> Jorge Gustavo
> Às 12:29 de 29/10/20, Luigi Pirelli escreveu:
>
> save the project in the same gpkg from Menu Project->Save top->geopakage
> and select the geopakage where are located all your layers
>
> Luigi Pirelli

> * LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luigipirelli
> * Stackexchange: http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/19667/luigi-pirelli
> * GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
> * Book: Mastering QGIS3 - 3rd Edition
> <https://www.packtpub.com/eu/application-development/mastering-geospatial-development-qgis-3x-third-edition>
> * Hire a team: http://www.qcooperative.net

> On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 12:45, António Pestana <afsm.pestana at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm a brand new user trying to adapt my workflows to  QGIS.
>> I've created a project having more than twenty layers. In order to
>> keep things more manageable I've structured these layers using several
>> groups. I would like to save my project (layers, groups, formatings,
>> etc) and all my data using only one file and send it to one coworker
>> of mine. I suppose that exporting to one geopackage-type file is the
>> way to go. It seems to me that my needs shouldn't be uncommon but
>> unfortunately I don't know how to do that.
>>
>> I've searched QGIS user guide with no luck. Can anyone help me?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antonio
>
> --
> [image: Logo] <https://www.geomaster.pt>
> *Geomaster*
> *Jorge Gustavo Rocha* | Software Engineer
> *e:* jgr at geomaster.pt | *m:* +351 910 333 888
> *g:* 41.54094,-8.40490 | *v: * 510 906 109
> *a: * Rua António Cândido Pinto, 67, 4715-400 Braga

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net
ItOpen:   www.itopen.it