[Qgis-user] Different Proxies for WMS

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Sep 3 07:53:11 PDT 2020

Christoph Jung <jagodki.cj at gmail.com> writes:

> The internet traffic in my organisation is behind a proxy. I inserted
> this proxy into the QGIS settings to get access to WMS outside of our
> organisation. This works fine. But we have an additional it
> infrastructure inside our organisation beside that one, where the
> users are working with QGIS. Services from the second infrastructure
> have to be used with a second proxy. Is it possible to tell QGIS, that
> a WMS has to be requested with another proxy than the proxy provided
> in the QGIS settings? Or do I have to change the proxy in the network
> settings Manually?

I would suggest installing privoxy, a web proxy that has a config
language for routing various URLs to various places, configure that, and
point QGIS to privoxy.   I know privoxy runs fine on POSIX systems.

Really, your organization should provide something like squid that has
these rules that can be a single proxy destination for users.  (I don't
think each user program should have to have more than a single proxy
config.)