[Qgis-user] Different Proxies for WMS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Sep 3 08:16:54 PDT 2020

On 9/3/20 4:33 PM, Christoph Jung wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The internet traffic in my organisation is behind a proxy. I inserted this proxy into the QGIS settings to get access to WMS outside of our organisation. This works fine. But we have an additional it infrastructure inside our organisation beside that one, where the users are working with QGIS. Services from the second infrastructure have to be used with a second proxy. Is it possible to tell QGIS, that a WMS has to be requested with another proxy than the proxy provided in the QGIS settings? Or do I have to change the proxy in the network settings Manually?

Hi Christoph,

I am working in different organisations with different (or without) proxies, and my solution to handle this, is to create a separate QGIS-profile for every IT-organisation.

Drawback is that you have to install your plugins several times (in every profile), and also service and db connections you have to create twice. But once having done that you can even run the two profiles in parallel.

Another drawback is that you off course cannot mix those proxy-settings in one profile.

But in this way I handle 3 different IT-organisations.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde