[Qgis-user] Short question on wfs

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 14:29:45 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

without any success I try to load stuff from a wfs server (long time ago
that I last tried to). Although the checkbox to only load the features
in the canvas extend is checked, this does not seem to have any
influence. Adding the layer, nothing shows up, everything is frozen and
in the end after a long time, there is a time out error.
So obviously, it is attempted to load all 180000 features, and not only
those within the canvas extend.

Documentation also only handles stuff which is more than obvious.

What is the obviously not obvious trick to load stuff from a wfs server?

Thanx,

Bernd

Here is the url:
https://www.baysis.bayern.de/gis/services/wfs/BAYSIS_Strassennetz/MapServer/WFSServer