[Qgis-user] Mac computer configuration

Donal Hunt donal.hunt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 02:05:44 PDT 2020

Can you provide the following information from the command line (run these
commands and paste the output):

*$* system_profiler SPHardwareDataType

*$* system_profiler -detailLevel mini SPSerialATADataType SPParallelATADataType

** you may want to remove/redact the "Serial Number (system)" and "Hardware
UUID" values before emailing.*

That will provide some information on your existing system and disks which
will make it easier to determine what appropriate replacements are needed.
Normally, I would look at CPU performance, amount of RAM and disk speeds
(HDD vs SSD vs NVMe makes a huge difference).

Hope that helps!

Donal