[Qgis-user] GeoJSON coordinate precision

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:25:31 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I have polygons on both sides of the date line. I checked and corrected all vertices to avoid coordinates bigger 180 and less -180 degrees. I used the vertices tool and there were only 5 numbers after the comma of the coordinates. But after exporting the data to GeoJSON, the coordinates have now several numbers more behind the comma with the problem, that some coordinates are bigger 180 and less -180 degrees. Is there any place to control the precision of the coordinates during the export to GeoJSON or is the precision of the numbers in the vertices tool controllable?

Sincerely,
Christoph