[Qgis-user] Authentication Manager master password protection

Frank Broniewski hallo at frankbroniewski.com
Tue Apr 13 11:26:25 PDT 2021

Hello all,

I am looking for a more protective setting for the authentication manager.

Currently, as far as I understand, the master password for the authentication
manager is requested once per QGIS session and is never requested again while
QGIS remains open.

Is there a way to change this behaviour? Ideally there would be a setting that
the master password is always requested when accessing an authentication entry
in the manager. Or is there some kind of time-out as a setting that I can
activate - just like on  a banking website, where your session is cancelled
after a certain time period of inactivity?

Does something like this exist? My initial research did not reveal anything in
that regards. Or can I maybe use the Python API to achieve something in that
regard?

Many thanks for any hints,
Frank