[Qgis-user] Is QGIS suitable for...

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 03:36:10 PDT 2021

Hi,

Yes, QGIS can do all of that but you will need to find the data as QGIS is a software only. Some maps can be downloaded from web based servers (ex:wms services).

Some plugins like quickmap can be easily installed from QGIS and can give you good base maps.  You will need to find data for your area of interest.  Many countries, cities or states offer data that can be downloaded for free.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux