[Qgis-user] Extract Layers from an online web map

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Sat Apr 17 11:03:09 PDT 2021

David Strip-4 wrote
> I believe the geojson spec also requires an newline after the closing
> bracket. The .js just reaches EOF which is an error, at least in the
> on-line validator.
> In simpler words - your file must end with a blank line.

It seems to me that if you download the us-states.js file it contains a
newline char (LF=0x0A) at the end, right after the semicolon.
So, removing the semicolon will leave the newline at the end of the file.

Anyway the current versions of QGIS/GDAL open such file (after removing the
aforementioned parts) with or without the newline at the end.

Regards.

Andrea