[Qgis-user] Problems visualizing raster and shp toguether

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:54:15 PDT 2021

Nicolas, Manuel Esteban and list,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 2:28 PM Nicolas Cadieux <njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Your shp file is in EPSG 4326.  It's in the right place if I look at it
> with a Google basemap from Quickmap services plugin.  Your raster is EPSG
> 3395 and the extent is 6139370.0000000000000000,408950.0000000000000000 :
> 6139500.0000000000000000,409000.0000000000000000. and this places it off
> the west coast of Ethiopia.  You cannot reproject this file as it's in the
> wrong place to start with.  You can define it's correct CRS by right
> clicking on the layer, selecting layer CRS and "set layer CRS".  Your
> coordinates are in meters so my guess is that you should be in a WGS84 UTM
> zone or in a  local projection used in Sweden.  Your guess is better than
> mine!

Maybe it's just me but those coordinates for the raster look like the
eastings and northings are swapped.  A Google of "Stockholm UTM
coordinates" suggests (in which zone I don't know) easting of 332,951.24
and northing of 6,580,993.58 (sorry for the North American commas / decimal
points).

> Nicolas
> On 2021-04-20 12:10 p.m., Manuel Esteban Lucas Borja wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I am working with a shp and a raster of the same area (south of Sweden). I
> am trying to visualize both raster and shape together but it is not
> possible. It seems to me that there is a problem with projections but I am
> trying to reproject both inform and still I am not able to see both
> together.
> Any idea about how to solve it? In attached the below mentioned infor
> Sincerely
> Manuel

> --
> Nicolas Cadieuxhttps://gitlab.com/njacadieux

Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.