[Qgis-user] (no subject) (elevation question)

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:23:43 PDT 2021

Hi,

David gave you a very good answer. Your looking at a 11 meter difference.  That is not much.  The first thing would be to look at the gps measurement.  (Any trees? Good satellite constellation?  Any obstacles?). At best, your looking at a 6 to 10 meter error  vertically. SRTMs are affected by trees.  That would make the SRTM higher (not your case).  Last thing to look at the the differences between the gps geiod model (a model of the average sea level).  SRTM use EGM96.  Your GPS probably uses something a bit more modern. You can easily get a 5 meter error between two Geiods.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux