[Qgis-user] python(3) script to calculate latitude longitude values from (ESRI) shape file

wxgis thinjogger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:38:42 PDT 2021

Chris and list --

"...you can convert your polygons or lines to points and then again assuming
you have a DEM you can interpolate the elevations at the points."  Thanks
for your answer - from your last sentence Chris, does anyone know of some
python code (or snippets will help too) that can take a country boundary
(i.e., the polygon/lines you mention above) and convert to lat/lon?  Again,
do you recommend I start with an ESRI .shp file?  Can I get country
boundaries from an ESRI .shp file (this is critical for me, i.e., to get
country boundaries) or is there some other type of file I should use?

I do like the idea of getting elevation from a DEM file.

TIA,
Steve