[Qgis-user] QGIS bypass user permission

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Apr 23 00:38:59 PDT 2021

On 4/21/21 12:00 PM, Raffaele Ceretto wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I created 2 users on my database.
> one admin and one read-only.
> The read-only one still allows me to edit and delete.
> I get the message "this user does not have the permissions, contact the administrator of the database", but does the modification anyway.
> I have tried closing qgis and recreating the connections several times but nothing changes.
> It appears to be bypassing the permissions
> Could you help me?

Hi Raffaele,

Which database? Postgres, Oracle, other?

You say you created 2 users, do you also have 2 different connections (both having a different user) in QGIS?

Are you using the 2 different users inside 1 project? Or in 2 different ones. What if you switch these scenario's?

Are you sure your connection to the db then is using the right one? If you hover your mouse over the layer in the layermanager you can see which user the provider is using. Also in the Layer Properties dialog in the Information that, in the Source string you will see the user...

Can you see/check the edits in the database (via another client) Aas in: maybe it is only QGIS showing the edits (in the canvas), but nothing is actually saved in the db?

IF you have 2 layers loaded, both using a DIFFERENT user/connection, and you can edit the layer with the non-edit user this would be a bug in my view. That would look like QGIS is mixing provider connections or something like that, but that does not sound very probably though.

Please provide some more info, so others can try to reproduce this.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde