[Qgis-user] Draw Ellipse/Polygons for areas of maximum concentration

krishna Ayyala ayyalakrishna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:24:37 PDT 2021

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did run k-means clustering for 4 clusters. It
is creating a new layer called "clusters". This layer has a field called
Cluster_id, ranging from 1 to 4. But, this method is considering all the
points within the circle. I am looking for the points outside the ellipses
to be omitted (should not be considered). Also K-means clustering is not
generating any polygons/ellipses. We have to identify a cluster based on
the Cluster_ID. I am curious if there is any tool within Qgis that can
produce results similar to the circle with ellipses?

Regards.