[Qgis-user] Draw Ellipse/Polygons for areas of maximum concentration

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:59:43 PDT 2021

Krishna and list,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 7:45 PM chris hermansen <clhermansen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Krishna and list
>
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, 15:24 krishna Ayyala <ayyalakrishna at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>> Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did run k-means clustering for 4 clusters.
>> It is creating a new layer called "clusters". This layer has a field called
>> Cluster_id, ranging from 1 to 4. But, this method is considering all the
>> points within the circle. I am looking for the points outside the ellipses
>> to be omitted (should not be considered). Also K-means clustering is not
>> generating any polygons/ellipses. We have to identify a cluster based on
>> the Cluster_ID. I am curious if there is any tool within Qgis that can
>> produce results similar to the circle with ellipses?
>>

> If you symbolize your points by colour according to the cluster_id does
> the clustering look acceptable to you?

Thinking about your diagram, maybe you want to fit ellipses to point
clusters.  If that's the case, maybe this paper is of some help:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/276433770_Multiple_ellipse_fitting_by_center-based_clustering/fulltext/56293cc208aef25a243d5d3a/Multiple-ellipse-fitting-by-center-based-clustering.pdf

I imagine you'd need to program this yourself.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.