[Qgis-user] How can I export Vector & Raster layers together to import into mapshaper

Ben Hur Pintor bnhr.xyz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:04:32 PDT 2021

Hi Kris,

The OpenStreetMap (OSM) raster layer you mentioned, was this a TIFF file
(something you loaded locally) or was this a basemap loaded as an XYZ tile
layer (i.e. you loaded the OpenStreetMap tile layer found by default under
XYZ Tiles in the QGIS browser)? In the case of the latter, it's stored and
served by a tile server (in this case,
https://tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png) and as far as I know you
can't save XYZ tile layers as raster layers.

I don't use PowerBI but if it supports loading tiled maps, OGC services
(WMS) via Leaflet or Mapbox, you should be able to add/load the OSM basemap
layer by using its URL (https://tile.openstreetmap.org/{z}/{x}/{y}.png). As
far as I can tell, this option is available in similar BI platforms like
Tableau.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Ben Hur