[Qgis-user] QGIS "full" builds

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Aug 17 04:31:36 PDT 2021

Jürgen E . Fischer Tue, 17 Aug 2021 03:34:16 -0700
> On Tue, 17. Aug 2021 at 04:19:28 -0500, Ari Meyer wrote:
>> Right.  So for the V1 (old) installer we should use "qgis-ltr-full" like it
>> says, but for V2 (new) we should only specify "qgis-ltr"?
>
> No, you should pick the express target QGIS LTR (which is qgis-ltr-full in
> advanced mode).
>
> But you can pick qgis-ltr if you don't want the optional dependencies,
> qgis-ltr-full comes with.

Thus, the old OSGeo4W section in the download page could be slightly
changed in order to better clarify the instructions:

from (current wording):
*******
Long-term release in old OSGeo4W (continued with previous dependencies):

In the installer choose Advanced Install and select qgis-ltr-full to
install the long term release.
Packages for the latest release and nightly thereof and master are
discontinued in old OSGeo4W.
This installer also allows installing QGIS without non-free software
*******

to:
*******
Long-term release in old OSGeo4W (continued with previous dependencies):

In the installer choose Express Install and select QGIS LTR to install
the long term release.
The express installation have several optional packages including
non-free software. To avoid those you have to use the Advanced Install
and choose qgis-ltr in the desktop section.
Packages for the latest release and nightly thereof and master are
discontinued in old OSGeo4W.
*******

What dou you think?

Regards.