[Qgis-user] Atlas - Make sourrounding of Coverage Layer transparent

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Aug 19 06:18:26 PDT 2021

Hi Roland,

You can achieve this with the "inverted polygon" renderer where you
basically style all areas outside of the current atlas polygon - typically
used with some transparency to make the non-atlas feature "lighter".

Or with the rule-based renderer where you can ask if the atlas-id is the
same as the current feature id, a rule similar to:
pk_column = attribute(@atlas_feature,'pk_column')
and then style the atlas feature differently (or not at all) as all other
features (ELSE rule).

If you want this for atlas print only, you could create a separate,
additional style for this, or an extra set of layers that are only
displayed/printed in the atlas layout context.

Let us know if you need some more assistance for either option.

Greetings,
Andreas

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 at 15:02, Roland Spielhofer <rspiel at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use a polygon layer as coverage layer for creating an atlas.
> What I would like to have is that everything outside of the polygon shown
> on the atlas page is shown transparent.
> The inside of the polygon should display normal.
>

> I made a picture showing what I would like to achieve. The left side of
> the dotted orange polygon (=coverage layer) is what I am looking for.
> https://imgur.com/a/1UXgFKr
>
> How can this be done?
>
> Regards,
> Roland