[Qgis-user] Themes, visibility, layout, report, atlas and Layer ID vs Layer name

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:51:45 PDT 2021

Hi,

Actually, in the past, most things depended solely on layer names. As
Charles mentioned this posed lots of problems when there were layers with
the same name.

Maybe I did not understood the difficulty that you are facing, but if you
need to swap layers, instead of loading a new layer and remove the old one,
you can simply use the change data source functionality to change the
source of UL our data, this will keep your layer id intact. Besides, even
if the layer attributes are different, as long as the ones used by atlas,
styles, etc are kept, every should keep working fine.

Besides the change data source option on each layer context menu, you can
also use the change data source plugin for when you want to change too many
layers.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto
User Support