[Qgis-user] QGIS slow performance with PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Asim asimrp at lavabit.com
Mon Aug 23 04:33:39 PDT 2021

On 8/23/21 1:34 PM, Morten Storm wrote:

> The slowness shows its ugly face when for instance the program freezes
> for a long time when performing even simple tasks, like e.g. saving
> the project or moving the map in the window.

Which process is the top CPU consumer during this time?  Is it QGIS?  Or
PostgreSQL?

> is anybody aware of some *software that could help debug/analyze QGIS*
> to find out what takes all that time?

I'm also interested in knowing the answer.  QGIS python plugins can be
profiled using cpython (I recently learned from QGIS matrix chat room
that and found it very effective).  However, if you are not using a
python plugin, that won't help.

Asim