[Qgis-user] adding a simple filled polygon

Johan De Groote Johan.de.groote at quirinus.one
Fri Dec 17 13:18:09 PST 2021

Hello Bernard,

Thanks. I found it eventually. First the pencil and then the "amoeba" to add a polygon. Then capturing the points and with the vertex tool editing them in the list to get the points at the required place.

After all this was reasonably easy. This is a tool I'll use more.

I'm aware that I have a lot to learn about coordinate systems and projections. But the equipment we use gives us WGS84. So that is what I use. And the required precision isn't that taxing. We are on board of vehicles and get a point every second. So running at 70 km/h is about 20 meters between points. I take it that the error between a cilindrical projection and WGS84 is below that.

Thanks again,
Johan