[Qgis-user] I don't understand the Ubuntu/Devbian versioning and repository contents?

Cory Albrecht maps at hanfastolfe.com
Fri Dec 24 11:45:24 PST 2021

Hello,

The QGIS website says that 3.22.2 is the latest to download, but  the
package download from the http://qgis.org/ubuntu-nightly-release repo is
still on 3.22.1. From the description here
<https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#linux>, "Nightly build
of upcoming point release for Debian and Ubuntu", I would have thought that
it would be a build of whatever will become 3.22.3, or whatever the next
one will be called upon actual release.

Would somebody be able to explain to me what the naming convention is, and
why something that by the description should be ahead of the current
release version appears to instead be behind?

Thanks in advance.