[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] New QGIS Date/Time Tools Plugin

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:40:23 PST 2021

I created a layer of 10,000 random points. Using timezonefinder to look up
each point took 44 seconds. I tried using *Vector->Geoprocessing
Tools->Intersection...* to find the time zones for each of the points and
it took over 4 minutes.

Is there a better way to locate which polygon a point is in? 4 minutes is
not good. Perhaps the intersection algorithm is not the way to go, but I am
not sure what is. I can't imagine that iterating through each point and
then iterating through each polygon until an intersection match is found is
going to be overlay efficient, but I will try it. Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Calvin