[Qgis-user] Deleted model

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Thu Feb 4 03:23:04 PST 2021

Models are typically stored on your file system in your user directory
under the active user profile.

e.g. In windows you can view your model files from (assuming the "default"
profile):

%AppData%\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\processing\models

On Linux it's usually
/home/username/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/processing/models

In my experience, if you delete the model from the QGIS UI it gets
permanently deleted (so it skips the recycle bin) and the only way to get
it back is using a file recovery tool like recuva or similar. Chances of
recovery are still extremely slim though.

Alternatively, if you keep backups you should be able to find the model in
the user profile directory described above.