[Qgis-user] Lat Lon Tools question

Eric Sorensen e.b.s at me.com
Sat Feb 6 11:19:32 PST 2021

As Greg and others point out, I appear to be using the UTM zone term inappropriately.  My apologies.

What I am after in my label, is the MGRS flavor that includes the latitude band, and agrees with the image shown in this link;

https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/_images/utm_zones.png <https://docs.qgis.org/3.4/en/_images/utm_zones.png>

After you folks successfully educated me on this, I came up with the following;

concat(name, ', ',  mgrs_gzd($Y, $X), ' ',   format_number(utm_east( $Y, $X), 0), ' ',  format_number(utm_north( $Y, $X), 0))

Which gets me a label like this for the point I originally supplied;
Park, 13S 384,258 3,974,547

This is how my Garmin GPS displays coordinates of waypoints (sans the commas), and how someone would input the point into their gps, after I hand them a map I have created in QGIS.  Now to eliminate the commas.

Thank you all for your input,
es