[Qgis-user] Install Postgresql and Postgis

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Feb 9 06:27:52 PST 2021

On 2/9/21 1:52 PM, Nick Hopton wrote:
> It's from the Training Manual Richard:
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/training_manual/spatial_databases/spatial_functions.html
>
> Apologies if there is something more recent, if there is I couldn't find it.

Ah, 2.14 yes, that is old... but ... it is even in our latest version:
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/spatial_databases/spatial_functions.html

To be removed :-)

Anyway to install postgresql AND postgis the easy way, just do:

apt install postgis

and that will also install postgresql (as it is a dependency of postgis off course).

And which version: who cares (not relevant for training excercises I think): the one that is current to your distro :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde