[Qgis-user] question about CAD-like editing capabilities in QGIS

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Tue Feb 9 17:01:32 PST 2021

Hi All,

I have a bit more in-depth question about CAD-like editing capabilities in
QGIS. I have been consulting for a client that is basically a CAD shop and
where everyone is very comfortable using CAD tools Autocad or bricks cad and
so on. I reviewed the options they have to do the editing in QGIS and did
show the digitizing tool, advanced digitizing tools, snapping toolbar and
settings as well as the shape digitizing tool bar. I also showed the OAD
plug-in that is available. While the Advanced Digitizing Panel has lots of
options like shortcuts to enter angle (a) and distance (d) to CAD-like
construct polygons they also asked if the was a way to use center lines
(like in CAD) and then offsets to create a feature. While I found that the
Advanced Digitizing Panel can be combined with the settings of the shape
digitizing toolbar I did not really find what they where looking for Does
anyone know if that is possible in QGIS ?

Cheers
Karsten Vennemann
 <http://www.terragis.net> www.terragis.net