[Qgis-user] A nice task for a community member: revamping the QGIS github landing page

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:09:50 PST 2021

Hi all!

If someone's been looking for a great introductory task to start
contributing to QGIS, I'd like to put a call out for a volunteer to
have a go at re-working the landing page (the README) that you see
when you visit

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS

While the current text is all accurate, it's very dry and technical,
hasn't had a major update in years, and doesn't really paint QGIS in
an "exciting" light! I'd love to see this revamped into something more
visual which really showcases QGIS' capabilities. I'm thinking
something more like what you see for the alternative QGIS albireo
frontend at https://github.com/kadas-albireo/kadas-albireo2...

It'd be a great task for someone who is well familiar with QGIS'
capabilities and has a good English writing style, and it doesn't
require any technical capabilities between simple markdown editing.

Thanks in advance!
Nyall