[Qgis-user] pan and zoom during temporal animation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Feb 15 00:03:01 PST 2021

On 2/14/21 9:04 PM, Eric Sorensen wrote:
> Is it possible to control pan and zoom of a view during a temporal animation?

Nope, for what I know, the only changing dimension is time.

> If so, is there a “how to” out on the web you could point me to?

Don't think so.

I think this would need some 'playbook' in which at certain times QGIS changes it's extent...
In the end not so difficult, but to create the playbook would need some gui.

Maybe you can script it yourself though.

The TemporalNavigationController you can call from QGIS, so you can 'step,step,step,change-extent,step,step' etc...

I wrote some code on how to code on this, but am not able to get it through CI:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/5521
maybe you can use that.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde