[Qgis-user] free web host for output of QGIS2web

Ben Hur Pintor bnhr.xyz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 00:15:58 PST 2021

Hi Steve,

You can host the QGIS2web output on most webservers. Just put the output on
your webserver of choice, make sure they have the correct permission
levels, and you're usually good to go. A free option is to use GitHub
Pages. Just put the output on a GitHub repository and enable it as a
webpage under the Github Pages settings of the repository.

I agree with Richard about the choice of basemap. You can review Google's
Terms of Service about their basemaps here:
https://www.google.com/help/terms_maps/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fhelp%2Fterms_maps%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR21wHdu5Ake7DoHRigQKvgdtsSagcigPZWp20efBKknw7lG7lL6hL0a1tk&h=AT3Eo7eG8OSGiQdFwnzufyEItf3g1NUk86RIFqeQuAO7_K6tCbR2-qwZpAPON3PQTfKeVN3HqBjo-tl52du2pb2dYsdnoNGqhxRZgf88kAqrRMBm8t4NUCYrCuQV&__tn__=-UK*F>
and
here: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/terms/
<https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/terms/?fbclid=IwAR21-mTLJry0vUToahtDpMb0AJspMW9ssNUcPnVXKNJrMRRL1-mEgolCkjg>
make sure that what you are doing is allowed.

Using OSM-derived basemaps or those you generated yourself is the safest
bet. Unless of course you really need the Google Hybrid basemap for your
purpose.

All the best,
Ben Hur
---