[Qgis-user] snapping polygons together

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 13:45:50 PST 2021

 Hi Ryan,
This would be clunky but should do what you want:0) turn on editing for your grid layer1) select the feature you want to 'move'2) use the Translate tool    a) check the 'Selected features only' check box    b) enter the desired offset distance for the x and y axis         i) this will be easy to calculate if your grid is regular         ii) otherwise use the measure tool3) if the new feature meets your requirements    a) delete the original, selected, feature from the grid    b) select, copy (control + c) and paste (control + v) the translated feature to the grid layer4) save the grid layer
-Thayer