[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.18.0 and QGIS 3.14.4 (LTR) packages released and OSGeo4W reboot

Michael Dufty MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au
Tue Feb 23 23:02:06 PST 2021

>Long story short: you cannot upgrade from old installs and have to remove and reinstall or use a separate directory.

To make it even shorter, can you make a recommendation of what to do?
If we don't need point clouds, can we just wait and eventually OSGEO4W will catch up, or are we going to eventually have to uninstall and reinstall anyway.

On past evidence windows 10 will screw up all the default apps and icons if I uninstall and reinstall, so I'll probably wait if that is going to work eventually.

Michael Dufty
Senior Environmental Engineer